Recently I’ve started making Sweet Baby smoothies. We are still having issues with Sweet Baby’s tongue being in the posterior position. His occupational therapist suggested drinking smoothies through a straw, that way when he drinks his tongue will learn to draw in. This new addition has been welcomed. Yesterday I made him a pineapple and papaya smoothie. He really enjoyed that. This morning I made him a peanut butter and banana smoothie. He drank that down fast! I split the recipe in half but go to All-in-Son’s for the full recipe. Photo and recipe courtesy of All-in-son’s.
- 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1 banana
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon honey, more or less to taste
- Pour all of the ingredients in a blender, then blend until smooth. Add more honey if you want it slightly sweeter, more ice if you want it a little thinner.
- If you prefer to use an immersion blender like we do, pour the ingredients into the “blending beaker” or a tall glass. Blend until smooth.
- This makes at least 2 servings. Thick, rich, filling servings. You could easily cut it in half and still have plenty to feed to kids.