I love garlic-maybe its the italian in me. I love the smell of it cooking in olive oil and I love to eat! I came across this recipe and I was a little leery. It sounded gross – I have a weird thing about mixing foods. I’d eat my food on a divided plate so nothing touches if I could. But I thought I’d try this for my hubby. And I was pleasantly surprised. It has the sweet flavor of the brown sugar mixed with the perfect spice of the garlic. We made green beans and garlic and wild rice. It was a delicious dinner. Oh and my glass of wine. 🙂
Baked Garlic Brown Sugar Chicken
original recipe: http://www.food.com/recipe/easy-garlic-chicken-5478
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 500°F and lightly grease a casserole dish.
- In small sauté pan, sauté garlic with the oil until tender.
- Remove from heat and stir in brown sugar.
- Place chicken breasts in a prepared baking dish and cover with the garlic and brown sugar mixture.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake uncovered for 15-30 minutes.